Welcome to the Alvingham Parish Council Website
Alvingham is a village in the East Lindsey District of Lincolnshire. It is situated 3 mile (5KM) North East of the market town of Louth.
The village is mentioned in the Domesday Book and was the site of a Gilbertine Priory founded between 1148 and 1154 AD. The village is home to the historic Alvingham Watermill. Alvingham is unusual in that it is one of only a handful of locations where 2 churches share the same churchyard. St Adlewold's church being the only church in Britain dedicated to the Saxon Saint Adlewold.
Alvingham benefits from a strong community spirt which the Parish Council along with the Village Hall and Social Cub support and encourage.